‘Raajneeti’ is my most complete film – Prakash Jha

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
‘Raajneeti’ is my most complete film – Prakash Jha

Filmmaker Prakash Jha, who has a penchant for realistic cinema, says his upcoming dark political drama “Raajneeti” on which he has been working since the past four years, is his most complete film ever.

“Rajneeti’ has been a long journey. It is a film about politics and tries to cover most aspects involved in politics – personal, family, social, state, national. Basically, the film tries to showcase what happens in politics. And I would say this is my most complete film,” Jha told reporters at a press conference here Saturday.

The film features an impressive ensemble cast with actors such as Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar, Manoj Bajpai, Arjun Rampal, Naseeruddin Shah and Ajay Devgn playing major roles.

The filmmaker, who also contested the Lok Sabha elections from West Champaran in Bihar last year, says he has had a fulfilling experience working with each and every member of the cast, including the “badmaash” Ranbir and Katrina.

“I am grateful to god that Ranbir agreed to play this role. He has put in days and nights of effort to play his character and he has done it with utmost honesty. He is one of my dearest actors and I really thank god for giving me Ranbir for this film,” said Jha, as Ranbir bent down to touch his feet out of respect.

Jha was all praise for Katrina Kaif, who overcame her difficulty in speaking Hindi and delivered her dialogues with clarity even in front of a gathering of 10,000 people.

“Katrina is inspiring. Her quality of work, innocence, honesty and dedication is extremely inspiring. The movie was very tough for Katrina and it took her a lot of courage and confidence to essay the role, give it her best. It’s my good luck that I cast her,” he said.

Though Katrina’s simple and sari-clad look in the film has been attracting queries about the resemblance of her character with Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Jha said: “The film is not based on any political party or follows any ideology. It is a film that is based on reality of the politics.”

“Raajneeti” is set to release in June this year, after a huge promotional campaign that will soon be launched across eight cities in India.

Reactions: nrbhayo