How to speak english more fluently.

• Work-from-home

dream girl

Khwabon se bahre Naina
VIP
Jul 30, 2008
ITALY
HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH MORE FLUENTLY.

In order to imprint words on your memory and also to feel comfortable about pronouncing them at a moment's notice, it is necessary to practise vocabulary a number of times.
1. Decide which constructions and vocabulary are ideal for you to learn.
(Be discerning, because you cannot learn everything.) Choose about ten new words per day to practise.

2. Practise them until you are word-perfect. Then use them in real situations by incorporating them into conversations with as many people as possible (at least six times each word or construction, but more if possible).
The more you manage to use them in conversation, the more readily you will be able to say them fluently in the future.

REMEMBER: Fluency in English is accuracy with good pronunciation - not speed.

HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH MORE ACCURATELY.​

From a learner's point of view, the problem with English is that it is too rich in constructions and vocabulary, ie: There are numerous words and constructions which have similar meanings. Mistakes occur when students remember half of one construction and half of another; they end up with a hotch-potch which is at best "incorrect but understandable" and at worst "nonsense".
1.Choosing English for Use or Recognition Purposes only
English people do not use every phrase and word in the English language. They have favourite phrases which they use time and time again. I recommend that when you are taught more than one way of saying the same thing, choose only one version to learn accurately for future use. Then store the other one(s) vaguely in your mind for future recognition purposes only.

2. Pitfalls to Avoid
Native English speakers modify their language according to their situation, just as you would do in your own language. Unless you have constant exposure to English over many years, you cannot expect to do this. The trick therefore is to choose the best English for universal speaking purposes and to recognise other versions of English, so you are not at a disadvantage. By doing so, you will avoid misunderstandings and you will be able to judge the quality of another person's English.
Although a knowledge of the following is essential for understanding English (and possibly for some exams), I recommend you avoid them as much as possible when speaking in normal situations:-
Idioms, Phrasal Verbs, Slang (which can sound insolent when used at the wrong time)

3.Avoiding grammatical errors when speaking
Many students experience difficulties with the use of the present perfect, because the use of it does not correspond with a similar-looking tense in their own language. If it helps you, it is possible to avoid the present perfect altogether by using:-
SIMPLE PAST + SPECIFIC TIME

eg: I have been to Tunisia. (Time unknown)

I went to Tunisia some time ago. (Exact time unknown)

I have just finished my homework. (Recent, but time unknown)

I finished my homework a short while ago (Recent, but exact time unknown)

English is such a rich and versatile language, it is possible to say what you want to say in more than one way.