• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
'Ranbir is very quiet, humble and relaxed'

UMA AND GAITI

Uma & Gaiti who have choreographed for many reality shows and popular songs like 'Uff Teri Ada' from the film KARTHIK CALLING KARTHIK, title song of OYE LUCKY LUCKY OYE, music video of RAAZ-2 and many more will be a part of the most awaited filmROCKSTARhttp://www.glamsham.com/movie/rockstar/1358/. As the duo have choreographed the heartthrob Ranbir Kapoorhttp://www.glamsham.com/celebrity/Ranbir-Kapoor in his upcoming film ROCKSTAR directed by Imtiaz Ali. In conversation with the choreographers.

How did you start with choreography?
Gaiti: We shifted to Mumbai 6 years back with lot of information as a trained artist... we completely dived in and didn't know how to start. However, Abhay Deol, our childhood friend, who met us in Delhi while he was shooting for his first film SOCHA NA THA and suggested us to come to Mumbai, was the one who gave us our first video directed by Vikramaditya Motwane.

Was it hard to come in Bollywood?
Gaiti: It was, especially, when you don't know anything here because most of the choreographers you see, they are first assistants and then they get trained but for us we had no back up as we were completely new.

Do you think 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja' gave you the required platform to create your identity?
Uma: I don't think so, as recognition doesn't matter what matters is your work but at the same time it wasn't a push up for our career.

You got in Imtiaz Ali's acquaintance through Abhay Deol?
Uma: Yes. We met him during his first film SOCHA NA THA.

...And that's how you bagged the film ROCKSTAR
Gaiti: No, actually this happened one year back. He saw our work during Delhi training and loved it and that's why he called us.

The film ROCKSTAR is more to do with singing so where is the scope of choreography?
Gaiti: We have choreographed Ranbir as a non-dancer. To show a good dancer like Ranbir as a non-dancer is little tough.

How was it choreographing Ranbir Kapoor in ROCKSTAR?
Uma: Like 'Uff Teri Ada' choreographing for ROCKSTAR was quite natural. It was a good experience with Ranbir.
Gaiti: He is very quiet, humble and relaxed.

UMA AND GAITI

Which is your favorite song from ROCKSTAR?
Uma and Gaiti: The song which we have choreographed - 'Tham Sa'.

Do you think ROCKSTAR will give new kick to your career in Bollywood?
Uma: I don't think there is some new start but all we can say is that we are progressing.

Which Bollywood stars you wish to choreograph for in future?
Gaiti: We want to make Ranbir dance as we have shown him as a non dancer in ROCKSTAR and we also have a dream to make Madhuri dance.

According to you who is the best dancer in Bollywood?
Uma: Without doubt it is Prabhu Deva. We have also choreographed for him and Hrithik Roshan.

Which choreographer you admire in the industry and aspire to be like him/her?
Uma: I don't think there is any one, but we do admire Farah Khan and Vaibhavi Merchant's work.

Which is more stressing choreographing a reality show or a film?
Uma: Reality shows are more stressing.

What do you think about Hrithik's show 'Just Dance'?
Uma: The show is only because of Hrithik. Vaibhavi and Farah both are nice but I think the show should concentrate more on contestant.

Your future assignments?
Gaiti: Yes at present we have two movies in hand - HUM HAI RAAHI CAR KE starring Dev Goel and Adah Sharma and an item song in Dibakar Banerjee's SHANGHAI.

- Glamsham Editoria