*NeW MoBILE Operator coMMiNG*~*MVNO*~* , , , MUBBi , , ,

• Work-from-home
Mar 4, 2009
PESHAWAR
AsSalama AlekoM.
Sub se pehle ye bAAt bATATA chaLo k ye THREAD mai es se pehle bi 1 ForuM pe SHARE kr chuka hu.
Ab mai yahey Thread yaha "Tafreeh MeLa" pe os ForuM se ApNey he thread ko CopY kr raha hu.
Es leye AAP bARIae mehrubaNi COPY Paste ki ruT mat lagaieye ga:).
THiS THREAD z JusT 2 iNCREASE ur iN4matioN.
**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~
G PakistaN me New MOBILE operatorS a rahey hy.
Ye operatorS bAQI aam mOBILE operatorS ki tarah nai hy yaNi jazZ, TeleNor, UfoNE, ZoNG and WariD ki tarah nai hy.
Ye aik Naya XperiNCE hoga humarey leye.
Ye aik "kheyali" opREATOR hoga,eska apNa koi InfrastRUCTure nai hoga.
AasaaN alfaAz me mai u keh sakta hu k "MVNO" aik aisa OPERATOR ka naAM hy jo Mojada MOBILE coMpanies se DEALING kr k "TRAFFIC" leNGEY aur pir apNey brand k name k sath wo ye pRODUCTS TelecoM End UserS ko 4ward kareNgey.
Es k zarye Pakistan k 9 crore se zYada MOBILE userS ko bohot New chezey mileNgey,eskey zarye humey INTERNET aur dosRi aise pRODUCTS jo aBi tak humey Muhayya na te ya PRICE zYada ti aB humey asaNi se mil jae gi (INSHALLAH)
AnyWays i thnk k mai pori tarah sari in4matioN na dai saka aur app behaN/bhaiyo ko pori tarah samja na saka eski aik waja ye hy k MUJHE KHUD b ZYADA IN4matioN nai , 2Nd waja ye hy k mai ne jis Forum/site pe ye in4matioN daiki waha ye English me ti aur yaha English me threads allow nai hy.
Es leye mai ne apNi aik naAKAM si koshish kr k esko tor maror kr ap tak phoNcha diya.
Mai koshish karta hu k reply me bAqi info du.(ofcourSe dis iNFO would b 4rm that site froM where i aCTuALLY got dis in4matioN).

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

New Mobile Operators are
Coming to Pakistan
Virtually (MVNO) New Mobile Operators are Coming to Pakistan ¨C Virtually (MVNO)
PTA came up with brand new idea for allowing other operators to work in 803,940 km2 i.e. Pakistan. They are going to issue licenses to virtual mobile network operator. Virtual!!
According to definition from PTA, a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) is an operator that does not own any spectrum; instead, MVNOs have commercial arrangements with conventional Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) for provision of mobile communication services to their own customers.
The requirements for being a MVNO are:
*. An MNO shall be allowed to make commercial agreements with multiple MVNOs. Similarly an MVNO shall also be allowed to operate/ make commercial agreements with more than one MNO.
*. The MNO that makes commercial agreement with a company for MVNO operation in Pakistan shall submit the same to the0„2 authority for approval prior to giving effect to this agreement. After approval of the agreement, the company (interested in becoming anMVNO) shall apply to the Authority for MVNO class license.\
*. MVNOs shall not be allowed to install their own network elements (i.e. Radio Access, Transmission, Switching and Network equipments). Further, the agreement once approved by the Authority shall not be changed by any party without prior approval of the Authority.
*. Quality of Service shall be the sole responsibility of MVNO. Since MVNO shall hold its own brand name and costumer ownership, market its own SIMs, it must ensure that its users receive good quality of service as per benchmarks set by the Authority.
*. MVNO shall also be allowed to enter into roaming agreements with other operators on mutually agreed terms.
*. MVNO shall pay regulatory fees and contributions in the same way as applicable on MNOs. Initial License fee for an MVNO willbe US $ 5 million or equivalent in Pak Rs.
*. The MVNO license shall be issued for an initial period of 10 years.
For those who are not familiar with MVNO, let me define this phenomena for you. A mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) is a cellular company (it can be a landline or WLL company too) that provides mobile/landline phone services but does not have its own network. They buy traffic (huge minutes) on wholesale rate from cellular companies and then resale them with their own brand name and prices to end users. MVNO companies are not sufficiently required to install their physical network. However, they normally have their billing system along with customer support and other departments.
Here is this article we did inPast to examine few angles of MVNO.
As of now, we are not sure if there is anyone interested in having MVNO license in Pakistan, however, 3/4 years ago there were investors interested in MVNO, such as Mobile Zone group and few others.
* example of mvno,s from any other countries?
As of February 2009[update], there are over 400 active MVNOs operated by over 360 companies. Close to 100 companies are planningto operate within the sector and there are 72 brands run by MNOs pretending to be MVNOs
Countries including Germany, The Netherlands, France, Denmark, United Kingdom, Finland, Belgium, Australia and United States have the most MVNOs.
* A member Reply to thIS thread*
actually MVNO is a great.. regional opportunity.
let me give you a small example.
there are many rural areas in Pakistan where mobile markets have not yet saturated, there is potential to them, especially in-terms of usage.
in a local business, with no multinational issues, running costs would be very low, just as all other living needs have low costs, therefore better customer support in regional setup, at a much cheaper costs. solutions would also be regional with marketingppl not sitting in Islamabad but actually in the bazars of ppl its is actually targeting, hence cheaper better targeted solutions!
The concept of Broad band is the same. In islamabad, i rank Micronet broad band as the best home service provider, not because they have largest national coverage, but because if i call them at midnight, they would reach my home at 10 am with a team to solve my issue.. it is like this for over an year.. try having this kind of service from PTCL¡*:)
it may also be welcomed by Multi national telcos for letting MVNOs take front end where their cost of operations (customer support) is very high, like current terror struck areas and only focus on providing backend services.
*IMPORTANT*
all dis in4matioN z shareD by AAMIR AATA.
So he ReserveD all RiGhts.
I (Mubbi) hav just share it 4 u people.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

MVNO License Fee not Welcomed by Investors.
As we had covered MVNO’s recent framework from PTA, there came another prospective from Jawwad Rizvi, in his recent report in The News.
According to Jawwad, the license fee of US 5 million dollars for MVNO license is going to be a unique attribute of Pakistan, as world over there is no license fee collected from MVNO operators.
Follwing is the complete story, in which he describes why PTA has imposed the license fee, and what investors think about the move
$5 million licence fee may deter investment Industry experts say MVNOs are service providers that buy time from mobile operatorsand sell value-added services to clients
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
By Jawwad Rizvi
LAHORE: A huge licence fee for the Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) set by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) will discourage and deter fresh Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) estimated at $100 million and thus destroy the potential beginning of the second wave of telecom and internet industry.
The PTA has now fixed an initial licence fee for an MVNO of $5 million or equivalent to Pakistani rupees, originally set at $10,000 then revised to $10 million.
The News has learnt that the PTA has published guidelines for the MVNO licence and has bound the applicants to pay $5 million for it. Around the world, including the US, the UK, Hong Kong and many other countries, there is no licence fee for MVNO operator.
The MVNO is an operator that does not own any spectrum; instead MVNOs have commercial arrangements with conventional mobile network operators (MNOs) for the provision of mobile communication services to their own customers.
The MVNOs do not own any spectrum but can deploy minimal or extensive infrastructure. They have business arrangements with traditional mobile operators to buy Minutes of Use (MOU) in bulk for sale to their own customers. Utilising mobile telecommunicationsas a means to interact with the end-user, MVNO can create significant value added services and additional brand-value for quality and valuable customer experience.
Buying wholesale voice and data services at discount rates from cellular companies the MVNO resell them with their own brand name and prices to end users. The MVNO companies typically have their own billing system along with customer support and can scale infrastructure to offer converged services like unified GSM and IP communications.
It is believed that some senior officials of PTA had opposed the idea of huge licence fee, however due to pressure of two leading cellular operators the authority decided to enforce fee on acquiring the licence.
An official privy to the development revealed that initially the work was progressing in a smooth pace and everything was movingin the right direction. The policy makers had a sudden shift in their approach and the decision to fix $5 million licence fee for MVNO was made.
One of the new entrants in the Pakistan MVNO market, Friendi Mobile, funded by US-based ePlanet Ventures is actively involved inacquiring MVNO licence. Friendi is first pan-regional MVNO in the Middle East with operations in Oman and Jordan. With its headquarters in Dubai, it plans to provide MVNO services in 17 countries stretching from Morocco to Pakistan.
Haider Raza, a venture partner with ePlanet Ventures, speaking to The News, said the Pakistani telecom market has a potential of4 to 5 MVNO operators with a market potential of as much as $500 million or 10 per cent of the total mobile market by 2014.
The MVNOs can bring in FDI of $100 to 200 million and light up the path to other telecom and internet investments. The fresh investment will also trickle down into other untapped services of the telecom sector and encourage the other international players to invest in Pakistan.
Pakistan cellular industry has not been utilizing the potential of value added services and has just been focusing on voice revenue and price wars. He added that MVNO operators would target underserved markets, creating more choices for the cellular consumer, introducing healthy competition and added revenue.
The success of the MVNOs have the potential of opening new markets amongst another 100 million Pakistanis thus leading to the establishment of an additional $3 to 4 billion market. But all these things are possible if the government and policy makers make efforts to attract the investors, Haider said.
According to Haider Raza, the teledensity in the metropolitan areas in this country is not 100 percent and the MVNO operators could help in achieving that through specialized segments.
Chairman PTA, Dr Yasin talking to The News said the licence fee was irrelevant issue as it did not make any difference. He said the reason behind this fee was to provide an opportunity for serious investors rather than for those who create trouble for the regulator and the customers as well. The PTA had bitter experience of low licence fee in WLL and PayPhone licenses cases so it would not repeat the old mistake again, he added.
Dr Yasin further mentioned that if some serious investors showed interest of investment in MVNO the licence fee might be revised.
** IMPORTANT **
all dis in4matioN z shareD by MEHWISH KhaN .
I (Mubbi) hav just shareD it 4 u people.
So aLL RiGHTS reservEd by her.