• Work-from-home

Atif-adi

-{عادي}-{Adi}-
VIP
Oct 1, 2009
Sharjah, U.A.E
Samsung Galaxy Camera vs Nokia 808 PureView – Camera Samples
by Clinton Jeff
I had the Samsung Galaxy Camera in my hands, and I own a Nokia 808 PureView. How I could *not* put them against each other, right?​
As you can see, the Galaxy Camera is a lot larger than the PureView. Just that camera bump is as thick as the entire 808.​
Now the Galaxy Camera is a camera, that has a phone OS running things. The 808 PureView is a phone, with a camera, with another phone OS handling things there as well. For the last point alone, there are going to be comparisons made between the two, even though they’re both very different devices.​
So we figured, why not? Someone has to put these two together. Here we go. The Galaxy Camera is on default settings because I couldnt figure out how to change things, and the PureView is on PureView mode at 8 Megapixels.As always, click to see the full resolution image on Flickr (you’ll have to right click on the image on the Flickr Page to see the available sizes).​
--------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Zoomed all the way in across the show floor:​
Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Atif-adi

-{عادي}-{Adi}-
VIP
Oct 1, 2009
Sharjah, U.A.E
Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView:

------------------------------
VIDEO SAMPLEs
Samsung Galaxy Camera:

Nokia 808 PureView (at 720p):

------------------------------
From my brief hands-on with the Galaxy Camera, I thought that it had a lot of trouble focusing when fully zoomed in, compared to the PureView. Ofcourse this is early software on the Galaxy Camera but it’s worth noting. It zooms in a lot further than the PureView does, but it’s also a lot rougher and slower to zoom in compared to the PureView, which makes it generally feel clunkier. Otherwise the new Samsung Android UI is nice, and while it doesnt let you tinker with the camera’s settings as much as the PureView does (suprisingly) there’s fun stuff like onboard filters that you can use. You can also install Instagram which might be an advantage to some folks out there, heh. Camera quality is okay, though overall operation is a little slow, even compared to the PureView which only has a single core vs the quad core on the Galaxy Cam. *Shrug*
Coming around, Sharing images is easier on the Galaxy Camera because of Android’s nice implementation in the gallery, while on the PureView you’re somewhat limited to Facebook and Flickr from the gallery, but obviously there are ways to get your pictures off your camera if you really want to.
I’d still say the PureView is the best camera phone you can get right now, because it is. The Galaxy Camera is nice and all, but for the price you could get an actual camera with way better specs instead of opting for this one, which you have to admit, has okay/average results at best. If you choose a PureView, you probably want a slim (ish) phone that is always there with you, that you can take out and take a picture of your friends any time, any where.
With the Galaxy camera, you still have a bulky camera, that is another accessory to carry along with your phone. The only advantage it has is that it’s easier to share images, and zoom in more, maybe. You also have apps like Instagram, and Google Hangouts, and maps, S-Voice, Google Now, yada yada. But it’s still another thing that you’re carrying around, so it removes the whole convenience factor. Do you really want to carry around a smartphone, tablet and camera? *shrug* I’m not entirely sure how it’ll do, and whether people really do want an Android Camera, but here ya go.
[DOUBLEPOST=1346778454][/DOUBLEPOST]@Don @Nelli @cute bhoot @Fa!th

Reactions: S_ChiragH and Pari

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
okay so Image sample clearly show kar rahin hain k Galaxy camera is better thn N808 but neche jo "Paid Words" hain wo ek dum irrelevant hain...
Samsung uses Android, and you can customize it they way you want. There will be tons of apps for you to customize your camera. Samsung already have put a lot of FX in it by default.

Sample pictures clearly shows k Galaxy ki pictures sharp and more detailed hain. I m not saying Nokia 808 is bad. but if you compare it with Galaxy phone then Nokia loses.
I m not a fan of samsung, but this is really good product. And please keep that in mind that this is the Beta version of what you have seen. Wait for the actual product release.

Reactions: Atif-adi

Atif-adi

-{عادي}-{Adi}-
VIP
Oct 1, 2009
Sharjah, U.A.E
okay so Image sample clearly show kar rahin hain k Galaxy camera is better thn N808 but neche jo "Paid Words" hain wo ek dum irrelevant hain...
Samsung uses Android, and you can customize it they way you want. There will be tons of apps for you to customize your camera. Samsung already have put a lot of FX in it by default.

Sample pictures clearly shows k Galaxy ki pictures sharp and more detailed hain. I m not saying Nokia 808 is bad. but if you compare it with Galaxy phone then Nokia loses.
I m not a fan of samsung, but this is really good product. And please keep that in mind that this is the Beta version of what you have seen. Wait for the actual product release.
lols sorry to hurt your feelings buddy :D but actualy experts says 808 is way better in image quality. n not to mention much more pocket friendly.

the only advantage of samsung camera (beside cool jelly beans OS) is just its optical zoom.
just click at the images to make it zoom in flickr (orignal size) u will see grains!
dont know jab un per filters add hunge to kitni grainy hojaengi.
the advantage of nokia's noise cancelation sound recordings makes it way way better in term of audio when u shoot a video! check the video!

when u buy a camera u focus on its harware n features not its filters n effects (cuz we can add filters n effects way better on a PC )
at that size its definately not a gud buy, if u want to shoot some pics with that. u can get any other canon or sony compact camera instead of this! one should buy a samsung galaxy s3 cell phone which has a decent camera (n best camera in current android cell phones) instead of this large android cam!

bro no doubt android jelly bean is the finest OS, my brother is using s3 with jelly bean, n belive me its realy cool, i love it.

samsung is trying to create a new market for compact cameras using android OS,
lets give it a time, if canon or sony adopt android OS in there compact cams then that will be an instant buy for sure!

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
lols sorry to hurt your feelings buddy :D but actualy experts says 808 is way better in image quality. n not to mention much more pocket friendly.

the only advantage of samsung camera (beside cool jelly beans OS) is just its optical zoom.
just click at the images to make it zoom in flickr (orignal size) u will see grains!
dont know jab un per filters add hunge to kitni grainy hojaengi.
the advantage of nokia's noise cancelation sound recordings makes it way way better in term of audio when u shoot a video! check the video!

when u buy a camera u focus on its harware n features not its filters n effects (cuz we can add filters n effects way better on a PC )
at that size its definately not a gud buy, if u want to shoot some pics with that. u can get any other canon or sony compact camera instead of this! one should buy a samsung galaxy s3 cell phone which has a decent camera (n best camera in current android cell phones) instead of this large android cam!

bro no doubt android jelly bean is the finest OS, my brother is using s3 with jelly bean, n belive me its realy cool, i love it.

samsung is trying to create a new market for compact cameras using android OS,
lets give it a time, if canon or sony adopt android OS in there compact cams then that will be a instant buy for sure!
Canon, Sony and Nikon are the best. No doubt. I am talking about the sample snaps been shared here. Galaxy's samples looks better than Nokias.
If you are buying these products only for camera. Then I do not know which one to pic because I would never buy any of these if I want a decent camera. I would go for Canon for sure.
But if you compare these two products overall then Galaxy have more advantage, because all of the things it got to offer. I am not saying Nokia is bad, but when you make a fancy product like this you have to make it complete fancy.

Reactions: Atif-adi

Atif-adi

-{عادي}-{Adi}-
VIP
Oct 1, 2009
Sharjah, U.A.E
Canon, Sony and Nikon are the best. No doubt. I am talking about the sample snaps been shared here. Galaxy's samples looks better than Nokias.
If you are buying these products only for camera. Then I do not know which one to pic because I would never buy any of these if I want a decent camera. I would go for Canon for sure.
But if you compare these two products overall then Galaxy have more advantage, because all of the things it got to offer. I am not saying Nokia is bad, but when you make a fancy product like this you have to make it complete fancy.
u know i have seen samsung cameras that have better image quality then this, i dont know y samsung dint pushes its technology of compact cams hardware in this, if they were focusing on camera product!

on the other hand nokias 808 pure view technology is realy new in imaging world, the pixel oversampling technology nokia introduced in 808 is realy superb, its not just me if u ask any photographer out there they would appreciate it.they got many awards for their technology.
n how they used a realy large image censor in a cell phone is realy outstanding, it has a larger censor then many high end compact camera's.n this lense help nokia to capture more light in low light conditions. is ki waja se pics grainy nai hoti.

samsung shayad apne compact cams ka hardware nai lagaega is device me. cuz use apne cams n is device me fark rakhna hai. to sell them both.
but if samsung puts its camera technologies in this device then it will definately surpressed nokia.[DOUBLEPOST=1346787226][/DOUBLEPOST]bro check this samples of nokia 808 :)

Reactions: S_ChiragH and Don