'Shave off your moustache Vivek'

• Work-from-home

Huda

ĂĸŠ έ ĶĦυşЊŎŏ
VIP
Jan 30, 2009
Karachi
With his sunglasses and moustache, Vivek Oberoi reminds you of his father Suresh Oberoi. Tell him this and he laughs, "That's the biggest compliment I have ever got, and I am very proud of it."
vivek030610_994169299.jpg
The actor is flaunting this new look for his upcoming film, the Ram Gopal Varma directorial 'Rakta Charitra'. In a chat with TOI, Vivek speaks about his make-over and more...

You started your career with Ram Gopal Varma's Company in 2002. How has Ramu's working style changed since then?
RGV is an actor's director who deals with films related to reality, and working with him again was a great experience. Usually, people tend to slow down with age, but RGV has become faster and is making films at a much faster pace with age. This film is based on reality, it has real people and real ambience. I am playing the late Paritala Ravi, a politician, who was a former cabinet minister in the Andhra Pradesh government. It's a story of a man who becomes the messiah of justice when the system denies that. For this role, I had to do a lot of research. I read many articles written on him and saw many of his live interviews. But it was very difficult to look, talk and walk like him initially.

And what about your new avatar with a moustache?
Ek saal se paal pos ke bada kar raha hoon inn ko. So, I am really happy about this look. I am getting many negative as well as positive compliments for it. Many of my friends say the moustache suits me while girls say, 'Please shave it off!' (laughs).

This film has been simultaneously made in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. Was it difficult to deliver dialogues in different languages?
RGV had given me a big break with Company and this time it's my debut in Tamil and Telugu cinema. It was difficult to learn these languages, but the assistants and unit hands helped me out. Once you were done with a shot, you had to shoot it all over again in a different language. It was tough, but fun.

In the recent past we have seen you doing one or two films a year.
I won't say I am going slow, but yes, I am getting choosy. I am signing films that I feel like doing and that my fans would like to see me in. After Prince, I had many offers, but I didn't want to sign whatever came my way. Right now, I am busy promoting Rakta Charitra, and after that I will start shooting for three films — one with Ram Gopal Varma again.

Reactions: nrbhayo