Tendulkar ready to face Australia

• Work-from-home

dream girl

Khwabon se bahre Naina
VIP
Jul 30, 2008
ITALY

Sachin Tendulkar insists India have never been better prepared to face Australia, despite their practice match against Victoria being rained off.

The 34-year-old is fit for the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne having missed the final match of the 1-0 series win over Pakistan with a knee injury.
"Despite the practice game being rained off, we've come with some Test cricket behind us which is important," he said.
"We are geared up to win and ready to put on a good show." Tendulkar, the second all-time highest Test run-scorer behind West Indian Brian Lara, said a victory over Australia would be the crowning glory of his magnificent 18-year career, but insisted he was not yet thinking of retiring.

The "Little Master", who has scored four centuries from 12 Test matches down under, says he is keen to beat the top-ranked Aussies on their home ground for the first time.
"It would be the most important tour ever if we can pull it off. Beating Australia is the ultimate for us," he said.
"For the past 18 years I have been living my dream and every day is a special one and when we walk out on 26 December it will be a terrific occasion.
"I have not thought about retiring and I just want to enjoy this tour and bat well. That is my focus."
Wicket-keeper Mahendra Dhoni (knee) has also been declared fit for Melbourne, having also missed out in Bangalore because of an ankle problem. Only 48 overs were possible as rain blighted the three-day tour game against Victoria - the only warm-up match before the first of four Tests.