TM debate Round 1- Group I (Emperor and Unique Style) vs. Group J (Melody and Mushi)

• Work-from-home

unique-style

°Oº*ÑÅTû®ãll¥ ÛñîQûÉ*°Oº
VIP
Mar 15, 2007
Karachi-Pakistan
okesh i wanna conclude my debate here.

Corporal punishment is designed to punish specific acts of significant misbehavior and delinquency. It is not a wanton and unreasonable act of violence. Child abuse, on the contrary, is the unjustified and unreasoned beating of children. The act of child-abuse is not meant to punish a child, but is inflicted without restraint or concern for the general welfare of a child. The intention of corporal punishment, on the contrary, is meant to instill a level of discipline in a child that is necessary to their future. It is in the child's best interest, whereas child-abuse is clearly not.

Reactions: Tariq Saeed

melody1000

TM Star
Nov 13, 2008
Bangalore,India
Unique Style..i think you are referring to the wrong subject..there is no mention of child abuse in the debate topic…”Should the physical punishment be banned in educational institutions in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Srilanka?”
To conclude our argument ( on behalf of Mushi & myself), we stress that its important to Ban Corporal punishment in educational institutions.
When driven by fear of punishment, children learn simply to please the teacher and not to acquire skills and knowledge for their own development. Physical punishment thus distorts a student’s motivation and learning is influenced by fear. Children who are physically and emotionally abused develop anxiety that causes loss of concentration and poor learning. They tend to fear taking risks and being creative.
Various articles in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) reinforce the child’s right to physical integrity and protection of his or her human dignity.
Corporal punishment in the family or in schools and other institutions is thus a direct violation of the CRC.
“… if it is not permissible to beat an adult, why should it be
permissible to do so to a child?
Physical punishment of children must be banned -- not to punish teachers and parents -- but to sensitise teachers, parents and other community members about all children’s rights to physical integrity and human dignity.

A child-centred approach to teaching-learning considers the learning needs and capacities of the individual child. It promotes the child’s participation in all aspects of school life and takes into account the diversity of learning needs and the support and methodologies required to match the mode and pace of each child. The approach is built on seeking solutions through dialogue and listening where
everyone’s views are taken into account. Furthermore, motivation is enhanced through encouragement and positive feedback rather than punitive, violent measures.
Thus the emphasis is on a meaningful, enjoyable, exciting and - most importantly – a reassuring environment where children as independent individuals worthy of personal respect have the freedom to express their views, question, discuss and debate without fear of retribution.

Prince-Farry

TM Champ
Mar 19, 2008
thank u for participating....plz ab yeh koi mod is thead ko close karde......mai weekend mei winner ko announce karoga...give me some time plz...