Warne to coach Australia spinners

• Work-from-home

dream girl

Khwabon se bahre Naina
VIP
Jul 30, 2008
ITALY

Shane Warne will take up a development role with Australia's young spinners, Cricket Australia (CA) has announced.

The Hampshire leg-spinner retired from international Test cricket in January with a then record 708 wickets.
He will now work with Australia's men's and women's national squads, the captains of Australia's state sides and at the centre of excellence.
"I'm really excited to work with Cricket Australia and give back to the game," Warne said.
Warne, whose record was surpassed by Sri Lankan off spinner Muttiah Muralitharan earlier this month, recently launched an attack on the Australian game and its administrators by suggesting they were arrogant. And he also criticised former coach John Buchanan by labelling him a "goose", suggesting he had "verbal diarrhoea" and claiming he lived in Pixieland.

But Warne will now join CA's playing conditions committee, which makes recommendations to the International Cricket Council about the development of the game.
He added: "I've already had some contact with youngsters around the country but to be able to work in a structured way with spin bowlers and their captains will hopefully give teams an even greater understanding of how to develop spin bowling talent. "I'm also excited to be working with Cricket Australia's technical committee on playing conditions. I have got some thoughts on the game that I can bring to that group."