Will direct a film for Aamir Khan - Salman Khan

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
B-town ‘muscle’ Khan Salman Khan the man with a heart bigger than his biceps is all ‘Ready’ to set the cash register ringing again louder with his forthcoming blockbuster ‘Ready’.

After reviewing the concept of stardom and star power with a spectacular show with ‘Dabangg’ last year, this year Bollywood’s most good looking male and the still the most eligible bachelor at the age of forty five, Salman here speaks in his ‘bindass’ style with IG about ‘Ready’, the return of ‘heroism’ in Bollywood and also his marriage plans…...

After the super success of ‘Dabangg’, do you think ‘Ready’ will consolidate the position of ‘Heroism’ back in Bollywood?

Yes, everyone started making love story, rom com, niche films, we started missing our screen heroes, I want people to go to theater and say “Ahh…here comes my hero…I am in the business and I can pull it off.
Why a remake?

Earlier they used to copy our film as we used to make films on heroism. Most of the films written by my father are copied in Chinese, Malaya etc. now we are remaking there’s because they have not let the heroism go and it doesn’t make any big difference at the box office whether in north or south. Heroism should remain to ensure success.
Is Salimji writing any full fledge script?

No I don’t think he has the patience with today’s directors.

Have you seen the original?
Nope, I heard the narration and it has its unique quality, the dialogues, and the punch.

Any changes in the remake

The concept is the same but we have made some changes for wider audience like Asin character, the dialogues specially my dialogues.

Salman Khan’s character in ‘Ready’.

It’s No Entry ka character in Hum Aapke Hai Kaun house, means modern Hum Aapke Hai Kaun which is directed by Aneez Bazmee… All the family members are 21-24 year old by mind where old man cracks double meaning jokes; it’s a naughty film…
The one thing you look when any script comes your way
Hero should come out, should explain heroism with action drama and emotion.
Danger of getting typecast

No Problem, what’s wrong with it, I enjoy it.

Aneez Bazmee the director of the film has some flops in recent time so does it bother you?

Aneez Bazmee is the most talented director in the industry, before coming into direction he was the writer for 8-9 films, everybody have their ups and down in life; I have mine. ‘Ready’ is a film which will bring Aneez Bazmee again to the “No Entry and Welcome” level.

Who should go and watch ‘Ready’?
There’s an audience for every film. Some go with family and some watch it alone. But everybody wants to see a good film. This film has lots of naughtiness for example the song ‘Character Dheela’ the kids don’t understand but we do. The kids picked up “saala” as it is allowed in public. So there’s something for everyone.

Why you have chosen Zarine Khan for the character dheela song?
Nobody wanted to do it, she did a favor.
Nobody wanted to do it??
Because I didn’t approach anyone (laughs) well the best part is that the song is sung by female because it’s not always the boys whose character is always dheela.
Your dance movies become a rage… From where you get those moves?
Well, I dance better than Hrithik Roshan but the entire world can’t dance like that so I keep the steps as simple as possible or make it simple, funny and stylish so that people can pick up.

You have used the iconic posters form the cult classics ‘Mughal-E-Azam’, ‘Sholay’, ‘Shree 420’ for ‘Character Dheela’ song, any specific reason?
They are the publicity campaign, it’s for promotion

Last year your film ‘Dabangg’ worked but not rest of the industry, what you think went wrong with them and what the right thing you did

There is nothing wrong. There was the time when rest of the industry was doing well and my films were just getting rejected at left, right and center. But I didn’t panic at that time.

Now I have realized that my responsibility is towards the person who is investing his Rs.10 or Rs.500 for the film, so we directed the Character Dheela and dhinka chika song again.

You have done everything in films except direction so when it’s going to happen

I will be doing in Aamir Production (laughs) and only when I have time…

You got many awards for Dabangg but you didn’t go to receive…

I don’t want any awards, I am happy. I get it when theater is full and audience whistle. If the film doesn’t work but the person gets awards then it is the worst thing on the Planet, Earth. You act worse and you go and pick every award... huh..?
Has success changed you?

This doesn’t change me at all I mean how can a hit or a flop can change a man, hit se dimag kharab ho jata hai aur failure se depression aa jata hai… I don’t believe that.
Recently Aamir have commented which meant that Salman need to be tied by his hands and legs to get him married? What’s your comment?
Even I want to tie him ( Aamir ) and won’t let him marry.. (Laughs).

Coming to on screen and off screen romance, intimate scenes in films have increased, what’s your take?
It increased in films but decreased in real life...

We haven’t seen such intimate scenes in your films…

Because I won’t enjoy doing it and you won’t enjoy watching it…

So ‘ready’ for a ‘hatrick’ of celebrations – ‘Wanted’, ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Ready’ to follow…?
I am looking at 100 hatricks together, who wants to have a flop. I believe if you have a flop then it means you might have compromise somewhere or didn’t put your total effort.
What next?

‘Bodyguard’, Sohail Khan’s ‘Sharkhan’, Then Yash Raj film, ‘Dabangg 2’ ‘Kick’ and Kabir Khan’s film with Katrina.

Reactions: nrbhayo