About disease and its treatment

• Work-from-home

Nelly

VIP
Sep 23, 2009
United Kingdom
Vibriosis

Vibriosis is a disease caused by an infection with bacteria of the Vibrio genus, most commonly Vibrio parahemolyticus or Vibrio vulnificus. Vibrio bacteria cause diarrhea, skin infections, and/or blood infections. The diarrhea-causing Vibrio parahemolyticus is a relatively harmless infection, but Vibrio vulnificus infection, though rare, can lead to blood poisoning and death in many cases.
Causes and symptoms

Vibriosis is caused by eating seafood contaminated with Vibrio parahemolyticus or Vibrio vulnificus. These bacteria damage the inner wall of the intestine, which causes diarrhea and related symptoms. Vibrio vulnificus can get through the intestinal wall and into the bloodstream.

Symptoms of intestinal infection occur within two days of eating contaminated seafood. Symptoms last for two to 10 days and include watery diarrhea, abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, headache, and possibly fever. Symptoms of a blood infection develop one to two days after eating contaminated seafood, and include fever, chills, low blood pressure, and large fluid-filled blisters on the arms or legs. Similar blisters can also be produced by a Vibrio vulnificus skin infection.
Treatment

To counteract the fluid loss resulting from diarrhea, the patient will receive fluids either by mouth or intravenously. Antibiotics are not helpful in treating Vibrio parahemolyticus diarrhea.
However, Vibrio vulnificus infections are treated with antibiotics such as tetracycline (Sumycin, Achromycin V), or doxycycline (Monodox) plus ceftazidime (Ceftaz, Fortraz, Tazicef). One out of five patients with vibriosis requires hospitalization.
useful post..........thanx:)

Reactions: ~Bahaar~

Toobi

dhondo gy molko molko milnay k nae,nayab hum..
Hot Shot
Aug 4, 2009
peshawar
wow graet shaing aqaib bro...so nice of u..

Sabah

VIP
Nov 20, 2008
Peshawar
By The Name Of ALLAH WHO IS The GREATEST Of all.
In this thread we will discuss disease which are creating probelm for us. who ever knows about any disease He should share with us with its total significance with its treatment which He knows.. Thanks..
Ist of all I am starting , "Sour thoart" , this is a common disease but it have a great significance. It is caused by many agent , but If it is cause by bacteria named
""clostridium Diphthyri"" than it create too much problem. It produce a toxin which effect on the function of our heart and this toxin cause failure of heart and that individual may die. So, never take this disease light and concern a good doctor as you feel "Sour thoart"...
Sore throat and headache these are my common health problems I usually get sore throat when I eat something spicy or sour so since I was 13 yrs old doctors strictly suggested me to never eat any spicy and sour food thats the reason whenever I accidently eat something spicy then I get sore throat.. so dont know which kind of sore throat is this but thats what made me miles away from eating my favorite food specially in sour food list..

Reactions: ~Bahaar~

Sore throat and headache these are my common health problems I usually get sore throat when I eat something spicy or sour so since I was 13 yrs old doctors strictly suggested me to never eat any spicy and sour food thats the reason whenever I accidently eat something spicy then I get sore throat.. so dont know which kind of sore throat is this but thats what made me miles away from eating my favorite food specially in sour food list..
there are soo many reason of it .. I make some mistake ,,, Bacteria name which cause this is carynobacteria diphthyri
not clostridium. this blander wae made in fast typing........ i have whole detail about it If you want than tell me

This disease is caused by Corynebacterium diphtheriae
Diphtheria is an upper respiratory tract illness characterized by sore throat, low fever, and an adherent membrane (called a pseudomembrane on the tonsils, pharynx, and/or nasal cavity. Diphtheria toxin produced by C. diphtheriae, can cause myocarditis(inflammation of heart mussle), polyneuritis(inflammation of many nerves at the same time), and other systemic toxic effects. A milder form of diphtheria can be restricted to the skin.

Diphtheria is a contagious disease spread by direct physical contact or breathing aerosolized secretions of infected individuals. Once quite common, diphtheria has largely been eradicated in developed nations through wide-spread use of the DPT vaccine. For example, in the U.S., between 1980 and 2004 there were 57 reported cases of diphtheria. However, it remains somewhat of a problem worldwide (3,978 reported cases to WHO in 2006) in the face of efforts to achieve global vaccination coverage.
This all about which I send one my first post..
Treatment:
To treat the clinical disease, antibiotics such as erythromycin or procaine penicillin G are administered orally or by injection. A patient is usually no longer contagious after taking antibiotics for 48 hours. But ALWAYS Take Medicians Recommended By Your Family Physicians Because He well Know About Your Health Profile Okay Be CareFull.
Some other agents which cause sore throat:

A sore throat can have many causes including:
  1. Common viruses, and even the viruses that cause mononucleosis (mono) and the flu, can cause a sore throat. Some viruses can also produce blisters in the mouth and throat ("aphthous stomatitis").
  2. Breathing through the mouth can produce throat dryness and soreness.
  3. Sinus drainage (post nasal drip) may cause a sore throat.
  4. A sore throat can also be caused by bacteria. The two most common bacteria to cause a sore throat are Streptococcus (which causes strep throat) and Arcanobacterium haemolyticum. Arcanobacterium causes sore throats mainly in young adults and is sometimes associated with a fine red rash.
  5. Sore throat appearing after treatment with antibiotics, chemotherapy, or other immune-compromising medications may be due to Candida, commonly known as "thrush."

Fungus infection

Ringworm - Tinea Corporis
Ringworm, known in medical terms as tinea corporis, is actually not caused by a worm, but by a fungus. Tinea corporis refers to a fungal infection of the body or face, not including the beard area on men. Ringworm occurs more commonly in warm, tropical environments, affects men and women equally, and affects all ages equally.
Ringworm - Superficial Fungus Infection
Ringworm is a dermatophyte infection. Dermatophytes are a group of related fungi that infect and survive on dead keratin(is protein present in nails), the top layer of the epidermis (upper layer of skin).
Ringworm - Appearance
The most common appearance of ringworm is a lesion that starts as a flat, scaly spot which then develops a raised border that advances outward in a circle. The advancing border is red, raised, and scaly while the central area is more normal appearing, usually still with fine scaling.
Ringworm - Topical Treatment
In general ringworm responds well to topical treatment. Topical antifungals are applied to the lesion twice a day for at least 3 weeks. The lesion usually resolves within 2 weeks, but therapy should be continued for another week to insure the fungus is completely eradicated.
Miconazole (Monistat)
Clotrimazole (Mycelex)
Ketoconazole (Nizoral)
Terbinafine (Lamisil)

</SPAN>these anti fungal must be use after consulting your family physician, because he well know about your healt profile.</SPAN>

ring worm.jpg</SPAN>​