Facebook: Social Networking or Social Engineering?

• Work-from-home

melody1000

TM Star
Nov 13, 2008
Bangalore,India
Saviou i dont think everybody does what you said..there are some who use fb to connect with friends that one has lost touch with over the years..in fact i found some like that who i had lost touch many years back...its useful for finding people u know this way as u may not necessarily have their contact details. I too spend not more than 10 mins on FB..i cant do more than that coz it bores me then...i upload my paintings there for my friends to see plus pics of my kids etc that is easy to share with friends at one shot, exchange interesting articles etc. Besides you dont need to give access to your profile to all....restrict to people u know & block or ignore contacts from people you dont know. Yes i agree some people misuse the page & try and post nasty stuff...but u can always respond to it (like i did) and get them off it.

Reactions: Atif-adi

Atif-adi

-{عادي}-{Adi}-
VIP
Oct 1, 2009
Sharjah, U.A.E
agreed with melody..yep saviou bhai mujhe school choro 7 se 8 saal hogae..koi contact nai tha but thore din pehle school k kuch purane members ne humare school ka page banaya n sare freinds us me add hogae..including kaafi teachers bhi...im very happy to see them,n ek bar phir hum sab dost sath hain...i think ache or bure dono hi raste hote hain her raah per,per chunna apka kaam hota hai :)
BTW i dont spend time more then 15 mins..cuz i just check coments n all just that...
cuz the only furum n socail site i love is my TM...meri family :)
yaha to pora din bhi guzardun tab bhi kam lagta ahi lols:D

saviou

Aug 23, 2009
Even Tho I personally Does not like Facebook, I still have an account and I almost visit there everyday, But I do not spend more than 5 to 10 minutes there... Facebook can be used for various purpose...... but is ka jo sab say bara or major purpose hai wo ap nay bata dia hai.. but there are other benefits there.. Let me tell u some..
There is a page on Facebook called Muslim Ummah .. and trust me that page is soo good.. IT got nothing to do any firqa or anything.. they actually promote Islamic Knowledge and Hadees.. therefore they actually targetting all Muslims and Non Muslims because most of their topics are showing Israel cruility and Amazing and Intersting facts about ISlam... This is one reason.. second if you are a website or business owner like me, facebook can be good source to drive traffic to your page... Facebook can be good source to up date your users...
You can make good money from facebook... you can promote your business at facebook .... and much more.. but yeh sach hai k zada tar log usi lie use karte hain jo reason ap nay show karaya hai... My point is that k qasoor war Facebook nahi bal k Facebook users hain jo apna time in cheezo may zaya karte hain.. and i m not saying k yeh sab gahlat hai.. But you should not spend more than 15 minutes on that.... I know some people jo suah uth k sab say pehle Facebook check karte hain phir ja k brush karte hain or mon hath wahera dohte hain.. Other than that, it was great column.
Saviou i dont think everybody does what you said..there are some who use fb to connect with friends that one has lost touch with over the years..in fact i found some like that who i had lost touch many years back...its useful for finding people u know this way as u may not necessarily have their contact details. I too spend not more than 10 mins on FB..i cant do more than that coz it bores me then...i upload my paintings there for my friends to see plus pics of my kids etc that is easy to share with friends at one shot, exchange interesting articles etc. Besides you dont need to give access to your profile to all....restrict to people u know & block or ignore contacts from people you dont know. Yes i agree some people misuse the page & try and post nasty stuff...but u can always respond to it (like i did) and get them off it.
agreed with melody..yep saviou bhai mujhe school choro 7 se 8 saal hogae..koi contact nai tha but thore din pehle school k kuch purane members ne humare school ka page banaya n sare freinds us me add hogae..including kaafi teachers bhi...im very happy to see them,n ek bar phir hum sab dost sath hain...i think ache or bure dono hi raste hote hain her raah per,per chunna apka kaam hota hai :)
BTW i dont spend time more then 15 mins..cuz i just check coments n all just that...
cuz the only furum n socail site i love is my TM...meri family :)
yaha to pora din bhi guzardun tab bhi kam lagta ahi lols:D

Assalamu Alaykum Wrwb!

Indeed, its good thing about human being is socializing, the websites like FACEBOOK, TAGGED, TWITTER and others.

Even I am not denying that religious related topics shared in FB.
My concern is, we are leaving in a crazy time when people use technology as a self promotional tool. Venting anger against someone or religion or community on these sites is unacceptable. There are certain ethics that every community or individual should follow on public forum.

“ Public Websites” whom the masses look up to , should be careful about what they say or do for fun sake on Religion or community, which is hottest topic to burn our fingers.

It’s good to have an opinion on a public form like FB, but one should not cross the limit and a discussion should not take an ugly turn or U turn.

Sharing is with Caring!

aur akhir me ham ek baat ki wazahat karna chahte hain jo pichle postings me bhi hamne ki thi

k hamne kabhi inkar nahi kiya iske faida ka aur har cheez me kuch na kuch faida zaroor rehta hai......lekin hame ye dekhna hoga k faida zyada hai ya nuqsan phir uske baad ham uska istemal karenge

Quran ne bhi sharab k faida se inkar nahi kiya....lekin sath hi kaha k usme faideh se zyada nuqsan hai

It is stated in the Qur’ân:They ask you regarding wine and gambling. Say, in both of them is major sin, and there is some benefit for men, but the sin of them is far greater than benefit
(Surah Baqarah)

yane iske faideh se khud Allah subhanahu tala inkar nahi karta balke faida to sharab me bhi hai lekin nuqsan zyada hai

ye ek misaal thi issi tarah hame har mamle me kadam rakhne se pehle uske faideh nuqsan ko dekh kar hi kadam rakhen

aap logon k jawab dene me der huyi iske liye mazirath

Allah hame deen ki sahi samajh aata farmaye Aameen

*Maryam*

*"T"* I desErve ThE BeSt n thE BeSt is YOU *"T"*
Super Star
Feb 12, 2010
Riyadh KSA
nice Saviou...:)
i never ever had any account on these types ov sites...

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
Now I got an assignment to describe advantages of social networking on society :( huh...
I wanted to do disadvantages...

saviou

Aug 23, 2009
Now I got an assignment to describe advantages of social networking on society :( huh...
ye to bada mushkil kaam hai

lekin ap social networking me jo acha kaam kar rahe hain aur jinse faide hain thore bohot unpar likh sakte hain
jisme baat bhi ajaye aur unko badhawa bhi na mile kuch aise likhen :)

zulqarnain

~ A Man Of Two Ages ~
VIP
Dec 28, 2008
Karachi
hey bro tention mat lo ,
bus ye socho k ye sub bohat achhi cheezein hain , mind automatically advantages bata de ga :D
u can do it !!

saviou

Aug 23, 2009

hey bro tention mat lo ,
bus ye socho k ye sub bohat achhi cheezein hain , mind automatically advantages bata de ga :D
u can do it !!
waah janab hausla dena to koi aap se sikhe :p

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
I did what saviou said..
I didnt even mention Facebook's name.. I use "Social Networking Websites" ...
HA HA nice try, Faceboook :p