Kaanta laga girl accuses husband of abuse

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Kaanta laga girl accuses husband of abuse
She had appeared in dozens of music videos, including chartbuster Kaanta laga. The starlet, a resident of Shastri Nagar, registered an FIR yesterday afternoon against the ‘Meet Brothers’ star husband Harmeet Gulzar at the Oshiwara police station.

ACP Dilip Suryawanshi of DN Nagar Division said in the press, “Zariwala holds a joint account with her husband in a well-known bank. According to her complaint, the two had a large row when he withdrew about Rs 12 lakh from the account. He even assaulted and abused her, which is what prompted such a drastic step,”

Further about the case DCP Zone IX K M M Prasanna said in the media, “We have registered a case under section 498A (Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty) of the Indian Penal Code. We are yet to make any arrests in the case, but investigations are still on,”This charge carries with it the potential for a three-year jail term.
More about the incident, Shefali said in the media, “I can’t really speak about the matter as our divorce proceedings are still ongoing and the case is subjudice. However, Harmeet did withdraw a large amount of money from the account without informing me. When I confronted him, he refused to give me an explanation.”

Shefali, when talking to the media further added, “Something ticked off in my psyche that led me to take this extreme step. I was being extremely harassed, literally pushed to the wall.”

According to police, the 28-year-old performer has been suffering at the hands of her husband for quite some time now. The distraught girl arrived at the Oshiwara police station wearing large sunglasses and a purple top, and spent several hours with police officials, who even allowed Shefali to park her car inside the police station, given her frame of mind. This item girl, who holds an IT degree from Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Andheri, first shot to fame with the controversial Kaanta laga remix video. She later starred in Mujse Shaadi Karogi (2004) along with Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar