!!!Mujahida on Nafs!!!

• Work-from-home

Wasif Safi

!!pRaISe D CReAtOr!!
Banned
Oct 1, 2009
Hyderabad, India
Assalamu alaikum Wrwb,

The blessed month of Ramadhan has dawned upon us once again alhamdulillah; an opportunity to reflect & attempt to clear our minds & lives of the worldly things that we have grasped onto & become so accustomed & dependant upon & to instead replace these with love, knowledge & understanding of our beautiful deen insha'Allah.

A thought crossed my mind earlier today that prompted this post which involved a sense of realisation. Every year we are given an opportunity to experience the blessed month of Ramadhan, but do we take this opportunity for granted?

I remember someone very close to me who I lost just over two years ago; I remember the very special zeal & excitement that they had for the month of Ramadhan, in fact just before this special person left the dunya they had even prepared for their payment of zakat not knowing that very soon before the holy month would start they would be no more in this dunya...

Just remembering this made me start thinking; How well prepared are we to make this ramadhan our last? There is no guarantee that we will see the Ramadhan of next year...
How well prepared are we to leave this dunya & to answer those vital questions in our graves? Will we be able to recall the answers that we are expected to answer to the angels? Do our worldly actions reflect on how easy or hard our life of the grave will be? Life is so short that before you know it has come to an end. Not one of us is certain of when we will leave this dunya, so shouldn't we be preparing for this unexpected departure more than anything else?

The grave is a lonely place where we will all be alone with no one to help or save us; we will leave behind all our worldly assets, pleasures, family & friends...before we know it our visitors will become few and less frequent & then as generations pass we may be forgotten as someone who existed in the past; if we are remembered. The world will carry on but we will be alone, experiencing the life of the grave until akhira....

I leave you with a verse from the Holy Qur'an to contemplate upon:

“What is the life of this world but amusement and play? But verily the Home in the Hereafter, – that is life indeed, if they but knew.” (Qur’an, 29:64)

Please remember me, my family & the entire ummah in your humble dua'as during this holy month...

zehar

VIP
Apr 29, 2012
INSHA ALLAH....

sahi baat hai hum log akhrat k bajaey duniya ki tyari pr lagey hai....:(

JAZAKUMULLAH KHAIR

Reactions: Wasif Safi