dream girl

Khwabon se bahre Naina
VIP
Jul 30, 2008
ITALY
February 12, 2009
BARCELONA OPEN BANCO SABADELL
Barcelona, Spain

World No. 1 and four-time defending champion Rafael Nadal has confirmed his participation in the forthcoming Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell 2009 tournament, which this year makes its debut as an ATP World Tour 500 tennis tournament at the Real Club de Tennis from April 20-26.
The Majorcan player reaffirmed his commitment to the Barcelona tennis tournament on his return from Melbourne, where he won the sixth Grand Slam title of his career and became the first ever Spaniard to triumph at the Australian Open. "The tournament in Barcelona is one of the biggest of the clay court season, and the quality of players there each year ensures it is a very special and world-class event. For me, there's even more motivation to do well because it's a tournament played at home, is organized by my club and is one that I have had the luck and privilege to win for the last four years. I'm really looking forward to going back in April, where the fans have always treated me with such great affection," said Nadal
Albert Agustí, the new President of the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona-1899 expressed his satisfaction at the news that Nadal would be defending his title, saying, "The presence of the World No. 1 in our tournament reaffirms the position of the Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell Conde de Godó Trophy as one of the points of reference on the ATP World Tour circuit. That the No. 1 is Rafael Nadal, who to all the members of our club, to tennis and to the rest of the sporting world is an authentic number one on and off the courts, is an even greater satisfaction. For us it's a privilege to receive the confirmation of his intention to play, and his decision is great news for the many fans who come each year to support him."

ATP World Tour Profile: Rafael Nadal

Nadal made his Barcelona debut in 2003, aged just 16, and has won 21 of his 22 matches since then. With his victory last year, beating David Ferrer in the final, he became the only player in the 56-year history of the event to win four consecutive titles.
This year he will become the eighth World No. 1 to have played at the tournament, following an illustrious line that includes Australians Lew Hoad (1956), Neale Fraser (1959-60), Roy Emerson (1964-5) and John Newcombe (1971), Romanian Ilie Nastase (1973), Czech Ivan Lendl (1989) and another Australian, Lleyton Hewitt, who was the last No. 1 to participate in 2002.