Ranbir’s an encyclopedia: Neetu Kapoor

• Work-from-home

Huda

ĂĸŠ έ ĶĦυşЊŎŏ
VIP
Jan 30, 2009
Karachi
The women in Ranbir's life is too personal a topic to discuss, thinks mom Neetu Singh Kapoor

As Neetu sits down for a conversation with us about herself and her family, she begins by saying, "I understand that the media works differently nowadays. Much different from the way it was in the 80's and 90's, but some things are too personal to be shared."
So, does the gossip about her son bother her, does she take it with a pinch of salt? "Gossip as such doesn't bother me. Nor does it bother Rishiji. We all have grown up in this film industry and such news and gossip have always been a part and parcel of this industry. So, it's nothing new. More than that, I've lived with my husband's affairs, so reading about my son's affairs does not affect me – as long as I know what he is and how things are, I don't care about what's being written in the tabloids. I know Ranbir is a good person, I know that he is a very cultured human being and the rest doesn't matter," says Neetu.

Ranbir's an encyclopedia
Praising her son's choices – personal and professional – Neetu says, "Ranbir has great knowledge about cinema; I call him an encyclopedia of cinema. He knows everything – which movie released when, who directed it, who acted in it, etc. Whatever he does, it's with full faith and conviction. And it's the same for everything in his life, be it his personal life or professional. I trust his judgment completely."

We don't discuss his women
Is she strict? Does she keep a check on her children's lives? "Both my kids have had a very normal upbringing. We, as parents, have never interfered in their lives. Riddhima wanted to get married and when she fell in love with Bharat, we supported her and now they both are happy with their life. She was never really inclined towards movies, while Ranbir was very much into movies. We knew he wanted to do something in this field, so we respected that and let him find his own direction. By God's grace he's doing well," beams the proud mother.

Denying reports that she didn't approve of a certain actress in Ranbir's life, she says she's never asked him about who he's dating. "That was all media speculation. I've never interfered in his personal life and I'll never do that. I've never even asked him who he's dating. And neither does he tell me anything about that. We discuss other things, but never the women in his life. I think that's too personal a question. It's his life, his wish and his decision. I'll always support him," she says.

Reactions: nrbhayo