• Work-from-home

Sabah

VIP
Nov 20, 2008
Peshawar
XPAL and Intivation Come Up with the Solar
Egg Universal Charger
I'm confused, really

It was just today that XPAL and Intivation launched the Solar Egg, claimed to be world's first high performance solar charger, at the Mobile World Congress. The product is built around XPAL's impressive battery expertise and Intivation's outstanding SunBoost solar conversion technology.

Forged by XPAL, having high power consumption in mind (well, how high power can one think of, regarding portable handheld devices?), the Solar Egg is rated to reach a 90% battery charge in extent of only four hours of exposure during mild sunlight conditions. I might as well stop here with the article, since "just four hours" is definitely not something that I for one would consider portable to that extent of allowing one to move freely.

"Solar power is a huge unrealised energy source particularly in the Western world which tends to have fewer hours of sunlight than developing markets," says Christian Scheder, President, XPAL. "As personal devices demand more energy and solar charging technology improves, we are making solar power available to more consumers and changing the way people would power their portable devices."

Furthermore, the built-in battery has an impressive capacity of 500mAh, so I can relate to the fact that the SunBost solar conversion technology is so reliable and efficient that it can ensure about 625mW of sun power in a time span of one hour, presuming the voltage is a common 5V. If the Solar Egg is pocketable, then it is most definitely impressive. Time will tell, because I am sure this is not the last time I will come across this gadget. Last but not least, I will let Paul Naastepad, CEO, Intivation, complete the presentation.

"For years, people have been struggling to use solar chargers in the Western world with several issues. Either they simply don't work with lower levels of sunlight, or they charge so slowly that it's not worth it. Together with XPAL, we have developed a product that produces enough energy to power the numerous personal devices we all have today. The Solar Egg charges fully in four hours, in medium levels of natural light, and is compatible with the majority of consumer devices, bringing it one step closer to the universal charger people want."

Reactions: nrbhayo